Casa Leoni Palace Overview in Santa Venera, Malta
Up until 1798, Casa Leoni was used by reigning Grandmasters but after an uprising in the countryside against the French, it became one of the headquarters of the Maltese insurgents. The name derives from the four lion statues that adorn the facade and also because it formed part of the Vilhena coat of arms. The palace is characterized by gardens which were a replica of the San Anton Gardens, but on a smaller scale. The palace has been used for diverse reasons, such as a ministry for home affairs and social policy and as a ministry for health and parliament secretary for the aged.
Casa Leoni Palace Tips & Guide
Opening hours: Closed to the public