Santa Lucija (Gozo)
Santa Lucija is a suburb of Kercem and takes its name from an old chapel dedicated to Saint Lucy, recorded as early as 1575. the present parish church, dedicated to the same Saint, is invoked by those who have problems with their eyesight.
The Rabat – Santa Lucja road leads to the village square with a typical stone cross in its centre. From the square a street on the right leads towards Ghajn Abdul plateau and by forming right after two hundred metres, up to il-Mixta, the site of the earliest settlement in Gozo.
The street on the left of the church proceeds to l-Ghadira ta'San Rafflu and from there, a path in the fields parallel to the cliffs leads to Ras il-Wardija, the site of a Punic settlement that included a small temple. There are still some remains.
No Events Found
No Restaurants listed
No Attractions listed